ProVari

If you like that regulated ish

Re: ProVari

Postby moostapha » Tue Aug 13, 2013 10:03 am

Same here...it's just a multimeter now. But I've almost been misisng it. I carried that thng around for so long.

Still kinda wish it was a mini, though.
How can you say that your truth is better than [art]?
moostapha
#teamMesh

HEM Legend
HEM Legend

Topics: 59
Invited by: b0redagain

HEM Supporter

Has liked: 639 times
Been liked: 633 times

Postby Ratman » Wed Aug 14, 2013 10:14 pm

My next door neighbor is a good kid. He has a mini silver provari with green led and extension cap. He wants to trade for good bottom button mech. Wants a gp paps 2.5 something fierce. So if anyone is nostalgic for provari or just wants another one, let me kn ow eh.? I will post in the classies soon for a wtt
This Space For Rent
Ratman
REO Whore

Topics: 29
Invited by: Open Registration

Has liked: 171 times
Been liked: 130 times

Postby Understudy77 » Mon Aug 19, 2013 4:06 am

So I just got a Provari for my birthday, I dig it, Kayfun lite works real nice on it....except it does not sit flush.

Wanna get a proring but I know they are sealed by the top atty so Im a little worried about the proring having alot of play since my klite doesnt sit all nice and flush. Anyone have an experience with this? Or can someone point me to a good proring that will work for what I want? (I've been a mech guy alot longer than a VV guy, I cannot stand that taper but this issue is new to me)

Understudy77

Postby rushman » Mon Aug 19, 2013 5:04 am

I have the same setup and you are correct the ring will rattle with a kayfun. I put some tape on top of the ring to solve that
This space intentionally left blank..... except for this I guess
rushman

Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Topics: 123

Has liked: 581 times
Been liked: 1269 times

Postby Understudy77 » Mon Aug 19, 2013 5:59 am

Tape? That still leaves a gap though correct?

Understudy77

Postby rushman » Mon Aug 19, 2013 6:04 am

Super tiny. Stops the rattle Image
rushman

Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby Understudy77 » Mon Aug 19, 2013 6:07 am

I can get down with that. What kind if tape did you use?

Understudy77

Postby Dxology » Mon Aug 19, 2013 2:47 pm

I'm having a lot of trouble with my kayfun lite on my Provari. I'm running a mircocoil and cotton at 1.3 ohm. I can't seem to get it to wick while on the provari at 3.7 volts. I've changed out the cotton too many times, tried different sizes of cotton. I threw it on my lux and I had no issues. Guess I'm going to recoil at around 1.7-1.8 and see how it works.
Mods: GP Paps Lux, Nemesis Kalafan, Nemesis Brass, Brass Chi_You, SS Chi_You, Provari 2.0
Attys: 2x Kayfun Lite, AIOS, Kraken, Omega, Fogger V2, IGO-L, Richman RBA
Incoming:
Dxology

Topics: 10
Invited by: eratikmind

Has liked: 35 times
Been liked: 63 times

Postby rushman » Mon Aug 19, 2013 3:28 pm

I used little tiny strips of electrical tape. Maybe 1mm wide around the top of the ring. This is the kayfun specific ring FYI .
rushman

Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby wingnut7785 » Tue Aug 20, 2013 8:34 am

Dxology wrote:I'm having a lot of trouble with my kayfun lite on my Provari. I'm running a mircocoil and cotton at 1.3 ohm. I can't seem to get it to wick while on the provari at 3.7 volts. I've changed out the cotton too many times, tried different sizes of cotton. I threw it on my lux and I had no issues. Guess I'm going to recoil at around 1.7-1.8 and see how it works.

I have found anything 1.4ohm and below the ProVari will not work!! 1.5 and higher and fires every time.. At least that is what my mini does..
WaffleTaco's
wingnut7785
CEO: The Looneybin

Shirtless
Shirtless

Topics: 24
Invited by: osmo

Has liked: 157 times
Been liked: 160 times

Postby ujai » Tue Aug 20, 2013 10:10 pm

wingnut7785 wrote:
I have found anything 1.4ohm and below the ProVari will not work!! 1.5 and higher and fires every time.. At least that is what my mini does..

That's weird, you should send back to provape for them to have a look.. Mine still works for 1.0 ohm atty..
Current stuff : Billet Box - Versa Hybrid - Orion 2.1 - Provari Mini - Mac 350 - JM 22 Brass - Ithaka - Omega - Synthesis

Looking For : DNA 30 mod
ujai
@ HEM

Topics: 6

Has liked: 65 times
Been liked: 30 times

Postby anskyboy » Tue Aug 20, 2013 10:21 pm

that's the problem with variable voltage in the provari.. it won't work if your ohms are too low. I know 1ohm is the limit, but it may creep up and down to the 1.4 you guys were talking about..

anskyboy

Postby Dxology » Wed Aug 21, 2013 6:42 am

In my case it will fire, and I get good vapor production it's just burnt tasting lol. For some reason the kaylite won't wick properly. I dropped the volts down to 3.5 and still having the same problem. I've got the same kayfun on my Paps today and its tasting and wicking just fine. Fuck if I know what's going on.
Mods: GP Paps Lux, Nemesis Kalafan, Nemesis Brass, Brass Chi_You, SS Chi_You, Provari 2.0
Incoming:
Dxology

Postby Pete54 » Wed Aug 21, 2013 7:13 am

Dxology wrote:I'm having a lot of trouble with my kayfun lite on my Provari. I'm running a mircocoil and cotton at 1.3 ohm. I can't seem to get it to wick while on the provari at 3.7 volts. I've changed out the cotton too many times, tried different sizes of cotton. I threw it on my lux and I had no issues. Guess I'm going to recoil at around 1.7-1.8 and see how it works.

You're gonna have to trust me on this one. Your Provari set to 3.7v is delivering exactly 3.7v to the K-Lite. On your mech, even though the battery is fully charged, your only getting around 3.2 volts to the coil.
Turn the Provari down to 3.4v.
Theists think all gods but theirs are false. Atheists simply don't make an exception for the last one.
Pete54

Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Topics: 143
Invited by: Chikenbok

HEM Supporter

Has liked: 2139 times
Been liked: 2942 times

Postby werkkrew » Wed Aug 21, 2013 10:34 am

I don't know if I just got lucky but this is how my K-Lite fits on my ProVari Mini with a Pro ring. It is perfectly flush and tight with no tape or anything.

hWgJSfPDP66AF97Lx6P6i4ZYtR6wW2iJZxafwaA1xBE.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

werkkrew

Postby Dxology » Thu Aug 22, 2013 4:15 pm

Ok so I feel like a dumb ass. I finally got my kaylite working good on my provari again. My problem was not enough cotton wick. I made a fat wick and its vaping just fine now. I was beginning to hate my kayfun but it was just user error.
Incoming:
Dxology

Postby fistofsouth » Sun Aug 25, 2013 10:28 pm

I jumped straight from a Vamo2 to an Origin so thanks to all of y'all intrepid volunteers for taking the pain for me. Of course it helped that we have a vape shop in town filled with smug fucks using Provaris with Boge Cartos all damn day. I was like "there has to be something better than these cheap ass looking things these guys are vaping on!" I still use cartos as they are a good cheap way to try new E-liquids, but I must admit that when I bother to pop into that shop I LOVE the confused looks I get from those guys.

Again thank you to all of those that blazed a trail and then posted your experience online so that those that follow could get a quick edumication.
To defend: this is the pact. But when life loses its meaning and is taken for naught, then the pact is to avenge!
fistofsouth
Leprechaun

Topics: 8

Has liked: 115 times
Been liked: 66 times

Postby ZTKT » Mon Sep 02, 2013 8:29 pm

My lone VV mod, the satin provari mini, does get quite a bit of action when I go out.
Often times I'm too lazy to drip or worry about dropping a nice mech/kayfun set up.

This was actually my first PV. Ever.
Mods: Provari Mini, Surefire King, SS Chi You, Brass Turtleship

Attys: Patriot, Helios
ZTKT

Topics: 36

Has liked: 52 times
Been liked: 56 times

Postby MikeE3 » Thu Oct 03, 2013 5:19 pm

I got vape mail today (sort of). Actually i got my black chrome Provari back from Provape. I finally sent it back to get the V2 upgrade. Not bad at all, 6 1/2 days turnaround from the time I sent it, 'till the mailman brought it back. That included USPS time from PA to WA and back again. Only charged $20 including return shipping. That was reasonable. But I noticed they only had $50 worth of insurance on the package - does that tell me something about how much mark-up in price there is. :o
MikeE3

Lurker
Lurker

Topics: 5

Has liked: 51 times
Been liked: 72 times

Postby rushman » Thu Oct 03, 2013 5:22 pm

$50 is included with USPS priority so that realy just means they didn't insure it at all :)
rushman

Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby MikeE3 » Fri Oct 04, 2013 8:11 am

rushman wrote:$50 is included with USPS priority so that realy just means they didn't insure it at all :)

Didn't know that. Well - they're pretty explicit 'bout strongly recommending to insure it for it's 'value' when retuning it to them. So I guess they're willing to accept $50 for it's value when sending it back to the customer. I still think it was one of the 'better deals' I've got on vaping stuff. They paid return postage out of the $20 charge - so labor and the new board only really only cost me about $15.
MikeE3

Lurker
Lurker

Postby b4tehpwn » Sun Oct 06, 2013 10:41 am

b0redagain wrote:
Chikenbok wrote:I'd fuck a skeleton ho, real talk.

BWHAHAHA! This made my day. Thank you.
b4tehpwn

Topics: 23
Invited by: understudy77

Has liked: 104 times
Been liked: 184 times

Postby b4tehpwn » Sun Oct 06, 2013 10:44 am

What topper do you guys prefer on the Provari? I'm rocking the SS proring from LokiLab and switch between the RSST/Kraken. Most atty's are 22mm with the provari being just under 23mm. The lip isn't significant, but I notice it. Would love to find a completely flush atty for mine. :-\
b4tehpwn

Topics: 23
Invited by: understudy77

Has liked: 104 times
Been liked: 184 times

Postby MikeE3 » Sun Oct 06, 2013 4:10 pm

I'm still old school (that's why I'm here, want to learn about good mech mods & new attys to get up to date w/ gear). I'm still using a ZAP, a Cobra, and a full size DID both with rings. I don't really mind them not being flush. I thing they look fine w/ the rings - for sure better than w/o the rings.

(err, umm, the flowery wrapped mini is my wife's. She just doesn't like any of the RBA's I've had her try. She like's her Vivi's and Evods)
MikeE3

Lurker
Lurker

Postby Inari » Thu Oct 10, 2013 1:24 am

b4tehpwn wrote:What topper do you guys prefer on the Provari? I'm rocking the SS proring from LokiLab and switch between the RSST/Kraken. Most atty's are 22mm with the provari being just under 23mm. The lip isn't significant, but I notice it. Would love to find a completely flush atty for mine. :-\

K-Lite for me but if I ever dive headlong into gennies that's probably what's gonna end up on the Provari full time. I know a lot of people who are into HEMs that still rock carto tanks. I just.... I can't do it.

Inari

PreviousNext

Return to VV/VW