[Mod] Reo (all models)

Squonker's paradise

Reo (all models)

Postby moostapha » Tue Jul 09, 2013 11:49 pm

So, it might not be "high end" as far as a lot of these are concerned. They're less than $150, they're easy to come by, etc..

But I feel like posting something. With all the stuff I've had experience with, my Reo (and a half-decent RBA) seems to be the most worry-free setup I've ever used.

No dry hits.
No flooding.
No leaking.
No muted flavor.
No complicated builds (unless you want them).

Lets give 'em a place.

I'm certainly not a full-fledged reonaut. I still want some pretty tubes, and I enjoy dripping (which they can also do). But, when I'm frustrated or just don't want to think...battery, juice, vape. Done.
How can you say that your truth is better than [art]?
moostapha
#teamMesh

HEM Legend
HEM Legend

Topics: 58
Invited by: b0redagain

HEM Supporter

Has liked: 634 times
Been liked: 633 times

Re: Reo (all models)

Postby jjallen57 » Wed Jul 10, 2013 1:43 am

I'm w/ 'ya. Have had a couple of Reo's, some Vmods, and a Bogger; no fuss, no muss. Go-to setup when I'm out and about.
"just reading this is make me laugh hard" (Jenay, 1.17.14) "He liked it as a hat." (Cbro)

If you're into squonking/bottomfeeders, pm me to get into "Squonkers Paradise" on FB.
jjallen57
Cheers, BA!!!

Retired Staff
Retired Staff

Topics: 313

Has liked: 4412 times
Been liked: 4595 times

Postby Chikenbok » Wed Jul 10, 2013 10:31 am

I would snatch one up in a heartbeat if they weren't shaped like boxes.
Yes, we have our assholes. Every good social group should, as demonstration of how not to act. - Wit.
Chikenbok
Solidarity in DNAs

Administrator
Administrator

Topics: 511
Invited by: Forum Founder

HEM Supporter

Has liked: 2105 times
Been liked: 7307 times

Postby moostapha » Wed Jul 10, 2013 2:19 pm

Yeah…that's why I waited so long. I don't care anymore.
moostapha
#teamMesh

HEM Legend
HEM Legend

HEM Supporter

Postby nightfell » Wed Jul 10, 2013 5:29 pm

I love my 2 mini's
nightfell
Short Bus

HEM Addict
HEM Addict

Topics: 20

Has liked: 1528 times
Been liked: 449 times

Postby jjallen57 » Wed Jul 10, 2013 6:38 pm

Guys, you don't know what you're missing. It's like dripping w/o having to drip.

As for the shape, it's comfy. The reo grand wasn't as much for me, so I switched to the 2.1.

For me, boxes for out and about, phallus at home.

[note to self: work on awkward message conveyance]
"just reading this is make me laugh hard" (Jenay, 1.17.14) "He liked it as a hat." (Cbro)

If you're into squonking/bottomfeeders, pm me to get into "Squonkers Paradise" on FB.
jjallen57
Cheers, BA!!!

Retired Staff
Retired Staff

Topics: 313

Has liked: 4412 times
Been liked: 4595 times

Postby Statistic » Thu Jul 18, 2013 4:41 pm

Having always been a function over form kind of guy there is no better overall vape experience than a REO Grand with an RM2, for me.

26g Kanthal A-1, 1/16" id, 100% cotton

Last edited by Statistic on Thu Jul 18, 2013 5:09 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Statistic
REOtard

Lurker
Lurker

Topics: 6
Invited by: Chikenbok

Has liked: 290 times
Been liked: 131 times

Postby Chikenbok » Thu Jul 18, 2013 4:49 pm

God damn it your coils make me feel.
Yes, we have our assholes. Every good social group should, as demonstration of how not to act. - Wit.
Chikenbok
Solidarity in DNAs

Administrator
Administrator

HEM Supporter

Postby moostapha » Thu Jul 18, 2013 6:58 pm

Yeah...that's awesome.

What does it come out at? And are you not having problems with the super long legs and the almost blocked BF hole? Or is it up off the deck enough?
moostapha
#teamMesh

HEM Legend
HEM Legend

HEM Supporter

Postby eratikmind » Thu Jul 18, 2013 7:41 pm

Have been contemplating one of these. I have not read a bad review about this device.
eratikmind
KaiDoi

Retired Staff
Retired Staff

Topics: 23

Has liked: 497 times
Been liked: 387 times

Postby moostapha » Thu Jul 18, 2013 8:48 pm

It convinced me to sell basically all of my tanks. It's literally a dripper RBA without having to drip, or at least without having to drip the same way.

Let's see...negatives....

If you accidentlaly block off the hole/path into the RBA with a wick or something, it can "leak". And it doesn't become apparant until there's a lot of juice to spill. But it's not that hard to avoid...just make sure the path the juice is supposed to take is clear.

Something similar happens if you over-fill the bottle.

Uhh....it's not trivial to run a kick if you're into that sort of thing.

That's about all I got, but I've only had the first one 5-6 weeks.
moostapha
#teamMesh

HEM Legend
HEM Legend

HEM Supporter

Postby Statistic » Thu Jul 18, 2013 11:21 pm

Thank you, Mr Bok. They make me feel too. They make me feel like a very contented vaper. You should disregard their homely appearance for a moment and give one a try. Seriously, any collector of vape hardware should have at least one REO ;).

Eratik, If you have the means to pick one up (with a RM2 atty.. there is no better atty for these devices) definitely do so, you won't be disappointed. Even if you don't like it it's not a risky endeavor.. these things resell super easy.

Moostapha, I haven't measured this coil. I'm sure it's somewhere around .7 - .8ohm. No problem with legs at all, wrapping yer coils super tight like this gives you A LOT of liberty with legs, they don't even have to be equal length, really. Also no problem with drainage, the coil is up off the deck enough for juice to flow back down.
Statistic
REOtard

Lurker
Lurker

Postby bikini_kill » Fri Jul 19, 2013 12:48 am

I'm really, really tempted. Shit, if I found the perfect model available while drunk I'd probably have 5 by now. I hate tanks, dripping is my shiz; this seems like the ideal for work, drives, etc. when taste still matters but looks don't as long as it's not overly conspicuous.

Keep tempting me and I'll break - this here arm has been twisting itself for a while. ;)

Is there anything I should know when choosing a model? I'm not interested in the VV Grand; it's too large. For an RBA, will I die if I can't use a Kayfun all day every day?
16:04:29 < JairunCaloth> 405ing?
16:04:37 < JairunCaloth> invalid method?
16:12:22 < ericlikesyou> oh it's a very valid method

So much grams, unzip the bag, dip in my hand, then I palm trees...
so when you throw shade it could never harm me.
bikini_kill
Cat Bag Enthusiast

HEM Regular
HEM Regular

Topics: 18

Has liked: 502 times
Been liked: 537 times

Postby Statistic » Fri Jul 19, 2013 1:10 am

HA, bikini, it won't be long for you.. I predict, lol

There aren't a lot of models. You want a Grand with a Reomizer2.0. It's a duty device anyways, just get the biggest ugliest one they make, lol. The Grand is actually a lot smaller than it looks in most pics. In the pic I took it's next to an EA in 18500.

6ml juice bottle + 18650 = win
Statistic
REOtard

Lurker
Lurker

Postby bikini_kill » Fri Jul 19, 2013 1:54 am

Statistic wrote:HA, bikini, it won't be long for you.. I predict, lol

There aren't a lot of models. You want a Grand with a Reomizer2.0. It's a duty device anyways, just get the biggest ugliest one they make, lol. The Grand is actually a lot smaller than it looks in most pics. In the pic I took it's next to an EA in 18500.

6ml juice bottle + 18650 = win

OK, this sounds weird even to ask, but would you mind taking a pic of the Reo Grand + Reomizer 2 in your hand, and another pic with an 18650 battery in your hand? I'm clumsy and I've got small hands so I'm trying to establish some sort of comparative sense of scale. :facepalm:

bikini_kill
Cat Bag Enthusiast

HEM Regular
HEM Regular

Postby Statistic » Fri Jul 19, 2013 2:16 am

I took this pic last week ;)

I stuff a little pinch of cotton in next to the tube, just to have some on board. Pluck out the wick, dry burn the coil 2-3 sec, toss in a fresh pinch of cotton.. back in action in 2 min

Statistic
REOtard

Lurker
Lurker

Postby bikini_kill » Fri Jul 19, 2013 2:28 am

Statistic wrote:I took this pic last week ;)

This is what a rather small (21mm x 88mm) 18650 mod looks like in my hand (click for HR):

Given my lil paws, maybe a Mini or Mini 2.1 would be a better option?

bikini_kill
Cat Bag Enthusiast

HEM Regular
HEM Regular

Postby Statistic » Fri Jul 19, 2013 3:27 am

Wow. Those Wizard's are impossibly small! Beautiful. Mr Bug's Chalice has been recommended as the only atty to rival the RM2. Unfortunately I'll just have to take that under advisement for now, lol. Gosh, that mod is stunning.

Eh, I guess it depends on how you want to use it. I think you could handle a Grand. The original Mini is quite a bit smaller than the Grand but it takes little baby 14500 batteries (and only has a 1.5ml bottle, I think).. if you're used to using an 18650 it probably won't cut it for you. The Mini 2.0 and 2.1 (only difference is the 2.1 catch cup will accommodate an RM2) are the same width and depth as the Grand, are about 15mm shorter and use 18500's. Not a huge difference in size but some do prefer it over the Grand.

I thought about getting a Mini2.1 but the size difference just isn't worth sacrificing battery and juice capacity. I want another so I can play in my coil sandbox and still have a good standby, it'll be another Grand ;)

Here's a couple shots of a Mini I got recently, next to the Grand. I would never have bought a Mini REO but this one's Nickel plated, not many of them were made :) It's on it's way back to Maine now to be refurbished and fitted with its own RM2.

I'm on the hunt for some good high drain 14250 batteries so I can stack them and get like 4 hits before I have to recharge, LOL. I usually vape 12mg, this Mini will be loaded with 24mg. When it returns it'll be my little Derringer vape. It won't last long but it'll pack a punch!

Statistic
REOtard

Lurker
Lurker

Postby bikini_kill » Fri Jul 19, 2013 8:34 am

Hmm... That Mini is about exactly the size I (think I) want, and I happen to love 14500 mods. Of course I would want the model that's no longer made, wouldn't I?

bikini_kill
Cat Bag Enthusiast

HEM Regular
HEM Regular

Postby Statistic » Fri Jul 19, 2013 8:42 am

The Mini's are still made: http://www.reosmods.com/index.php?optio ... 9&Itemid=3

There was only one limited run that was nickel plated.

edit - Just a heads up in case you do end up ordering a Mini and an RM2 with it. Be sure to let Rob know you want to use it on the Mini so he can mill the RM2 to fit the Mini.
Statistic
REOtard

Lurker
Lurker

Postby Chikenbok » Fri Jul 19, 2013 11:15 am

Guys - I really don't wanna buy a Reo but you're making it really hard not to. I don't like box shaped things, but this seems like an almost all too perfect device.

Plus I just got all my new tube mod swag in and if it works as well as you say, I'm gonna be really pissed when I stop using my tubes.
Chikenbok
Solidarity in DNAs

Administrator
Administrator

HEM Supporter

Postby Statistic » Fri Jul 19, 2013 11:24 am

Don't get one, Bok. Last thing I need is a well educated MMA fighter hunting me down to beat my ass because he blames his disinterest on all his previously coveted vape hardware on me.. seriously.

I haven't had a better vape than from these beefy ass 26g micro coils + cotton. And this is the first time I've been able to vape so much juice from one container without the last of it getting foul from heat exposure and/or burned juice traveling back down into the container.

I can't disagree that they are ugly, especially compared to the likes of Chi and GG, etc. Once you use one though, you realize their beauty is intrinsic ;)
Statistic
REOtard

Lurker
Lurker

Postby Chikenbok » Fri Jul 19, 2013 11:40 am

Statistic wrote:Don't get one, Bok. Last thing I need is a well educated MMA fighter hunting me down to beat my ass because he blames his disinterest on all his previously coveted vape hardware on me.. seriously.

I haven't had a better vape than from these beefy ass 26g micro coils + cotton. And this is the first time I've been able to vape so much juice from one container without the last of it getting foul from heat exposure and/or burned juice traveling back down into the container.

I can't disagree that they are ugly, especially compared to the likes of Chi and GG, etc. Once you use one though, you realize their beauty is intrinsic ;)

God damn it, I'm buying a fucking Reo - how much time are you getting on your cotton? Generally when I build MC's in my drippers I find myself replacing the cotton pretty damned often but I assume its not a necessity just because I'm using and RM. I'm not saying I'm the laziest person in the world but... I'm a little bit lazy. I've also found Silica can generally keep up with my MCs as long as I'm not vaping like a lunatic.

If I like this I'll find you.
Chikenbok
Solidarity in DNAs

Administrator
Administrator

HEM Supporter

Postby Statistic » Fri Jul 19, 2013 11:55 am

HAHA.. ha.. ha

I'm getting a good day out of a single wick. Others report 2 or 3 days.. it's just so fucking easy I can't not swap it out at some point at least once a day though.

Dude, rewicking and coiling genny's was fun for the first couple months when I first got into building coils, then the whole process became loathsome.. it was something I had to fucking plan time around.. time to tear down a genny and clean it up then wrap a new coil around a new wick or at least spend 15 minutes cleaning and dry burning.. it got to a point where the honeymoon was over and it just wasn't fun anymore.

New fucking ballgame with these coils and cotton. The coil in that last pic I posted in this thread will last me weeks (bullshit, I'll get bored with it and do another just for fun, but it COULD last weeks).
The process of rewicking takes about 2 minutes from the point of deciding I want a new wick to the point where I'm ready to blow off some fresh delicious steam with a new wick.

I think I posted some of this in this thread already, oh well.. a little redundancy won't hurt anyone..

Instead of thinking of the coil and wick as one unit where that you must address together this setup is two part. You wrap your coil and install it, get it all nice and tweaked exactly how you want it. Then you twist up your cotton and thread it through. Keep in mind it is REALLY easy and almost universal for first a first time micro coil user to use too much cotton. Less is more. You want the strand to slide in nice and easy, like you're the third guy to thread that wick that night.. um.. lol.

Rewicking goes like this:
- Determine it's time to rewick your coil
- Pluck out the old wick
- Dry burn your wickless coil for 2-3 seconds to clean it off
- Twist up a pinch of 100% cotton and thread it through the coil
- Trim any excess off the wick, you really don't need tails, just a bit poking out each side of the coil
- Saturate your wick and let it soak a minute
- Vape and be happy

Keep in mind the first few tokes off a new wick are gonna be muted, it passes quickly. Also keep in mind if you use too much cottonn the flavor will be muted too, but in that case it doesn't go away. Just pull it out and try again.

If you get this setup going and don't like it then please say something cause you're doing something wrong ;)

Vapdivrr (leader of the the fc-2000 clan) recently fell for the REO and has said there's nothing like it. DWcraig1 (started the oddy clone thread) just joined the bandwagon too. There was another guy in the REO subforum that did a 48hr test and wrote up a huge, very intelligible, explanation about why he must be the oddball because he didn't think it was awesome at all.. turns out he was using too much cotton.. lol

I gotta admit, I'm really excited for you to try it. I look forward to seeing what you think about the ugly duckling. Although I'm REALLY not looking forward to witness protection, I'll miss my family. lmao
Statistic
REOtard

Lurker
Lurker

Postby Chikenbok » Fri Jul 19, 2013 11:59 am

A full day out of a cotton wick you say... God they're all so ugly. That'll keep me deterred while I wrap my Ithaka...

At least I KNOW I have to wait until next month to buy anything over 100 bucks this month was gougingly delicious on my wallet.
Chikenbok
Solidarity in DNAs

Administrator
Administrator

HEM Supporter

Next

Return to Squonking