The Hercules - Ithaka Clone :0

Aka, hoarding enablers

Re: The Hercules - Ithaka Clone :0

Postby b0redagain » Fri Jul 26, 2013 12:01 pm

I had a feeling this would turn into a thread about masturbation...don't know why.
b0redagain
boom...

Administrator
Administrator

Topics: 370
Invited by: Forum Founder

HEM Supporter

Has liked: 4318 times
Been liked: 3819 times

Postby eratikmind » Fri Jul 26, 2013 3:39 pm

To preface my post, I did pick up a Terminator C R/A while I was awaiting parts to complete a Ody V2 and an opportunity to get my Ithaka, which I have received.

Moving forward . . . There is no way of getting around the clones. There is a huge market for such items, as many vapers cannot afford the high end items, as many of us are able to.

After receiving my Ithaka from Guru, I felt bad that I had purchased the Terminator. Imeo has put a lot of work into his devices and continued support.

At the end of the day, it will be up to each individual to decide which path to take. For myself, I will purchase another genuine Ithaka. I have to support someone, whom has afforded me a fantastic vaping experience.
eratikmind
KaiDoi

Retired Staff
Retired Staff

Topics: 23
Invited by: Chikenbok

Has liked: 497 times
Been liked: 387 times

Postby Niked » Sat Jul 27, 2013 2:49 pm

The thing with copies of an original product is a well known one, and not always a bad situation.

People who cant afford the original will buy a cheaper copy. The manufacturer of the original does not loose any money because the buyer of the copy would not have bought the original.

But the producer of the original gains interest in his product since most people who buy a copy, really want the original and the word spreads. It can actually increase the sale of a high end device when copies of it spreads.

This has been debated a lot in the fashion industry and i think it was on TED I saw a speaker adress this situation.

Just looking at the situation objectivly. :D

Niked

Postby Chikenbok » Sat Jul 27, 2013 2:51 pm

Niked wrote:The thing with copies of an original product is a well known one, and not always a bad situation.

People who cant afford the original will buy a cheaper copy. The manufacturer of the original does not loose any money because the buyer of the copy would not have bought the original.

But the producer of the original gains interest in his product since most people who buy a copy, really want the original and the word spreads. It can actually increase the sale of a high end device when copies of it spreads.

This has been debated a lot in the fashion industry and i think it was on TED I saw a speaker adress this situation.

Just looking at the situation objectivly. :D

Objectivity on the internet?! Blasphemy I say!!!
Yes, we have our assholes. Every good social group should, as demonstration of how not to act. - Wit.
Chikenbok
Solidarity in DNAs

Administrator
Administrator

Topics: 500

HEM Supporter

Has liked: 2068 times
Been liked: 7115 times

Postby Niked » Sat Jul 27, 2013 3:25 pm

Well... Hey Im from Sweden! -we are neutral!

Niked

Postby Chikenbok » Sat Jul 27, 2013 3:30 pm

Niked wrote:Well... Hey Im from Sweden! -we are neutral!

Hahah and I'm a philosopher so we don't believe in Subjective anything! (At least not the good ones)
Yes, we have our assholes. Every good social group should, as demonstration of how not to act. - Wit.
Chikenbok
Solidarity in DNAs

Administrator
Administrator

Topics: 500

HEM Supporter

Has liked: 2068 times
Been liked: 7115 times

Postby wingnut7785 » Mon Aug 12, 2013 2:11 am

I buy GG as much as possible. I did buy two term-c's from BA but they are going to people that can't afford Ody's.

I myself have a Ody V2, 2X GGTS and a GG Stealth and soon to have a Ithaka.

Clones, knock offs or what ever you want to call them are just what they are, cheap copy's of great devices!!

Take the BT804, piece of shit!!! Hard as fuck to build and only holds 1ml of juice, what the fuck were they thinking!! They were thinking how to build a tank for .50 cents and sell it for $15.00 and know they are ass raping the people that get them!!

Ok I'm done, going off to beat the bishop!!
WaffleTaco's
wingnut7785
CEO: The Looneybin

Shirtless
Shirtless

Topics: 24
Invited by: osmo

Has liked: 157 times
Been liked: 160 times

Postby toddsreviews » Mon Aug 12, 2013 3:24 am

Niked wrote:Well... Hey Im from Sweden! -we are neutral!

Except when it comes to my bloody nails :bleh:
toddsreviews
Knob in a Shed!

Reviewer
Reviewer

Topics: 14
Invited by: Chikenbok

HEM Supporter

Has liked: 182 times
Been liked: 806 times

Return to Videos, Reviews, Etc.